Overnight flights are brutal. They seem to last forever and being comfortable is nearly impossible, but I’ve come up with some ways on how to survive:
- Dress for comfort: This may seem obvious but dressing comfortably and looking good isn’t too hard. Just throw on some leggings with a t-shirt, an oversized sweater and some sneakers. Maybe a hat, if you like to hide your face like me, haha. I like bringing a pair of sunglasses too so you can throw those on when you get off the flight!
- Bring a blanket scarf: Not all flights carry blankets and it’s heavy and frustrating to carry one around with you. Just bring a large blanket scarf with you! This can double up as a pillow and a blanket. I got both the sunglasses and scarf pictured from H&M. This scarf is nude pink and lightweight which is great for summer traveling!
- Book a window seat: Just make sure you use the bathroom before and try not to have anything to drink for a couple hours before you board. Once you’re in your window seat, you’ll have something to lean against! This makes sleeping much easier.
- Moisturize: Bring all the moisturizer. Planes are super dry places so make sure you bring hand lotion, face moisturizer, lip balm and whatever
else you make need! I
really enjoy using Sugar Lip Treatments by Fresh (available at Sephora)-
they have SPF and are a little tinted which is great for on the go! They’re a little pricey (around $28 Canadian) but are great quality and last a lifetime.
- Bring a book: The movies are great, but looking at a screen isn’t always the best way to fall asleep. Reading a book will entertain you while allowing your mind to relax and giving your eyes a break from technology. I’m currently reading Year of Yes by Shona Rhimes and I love it so far!
I wrote these tips because I’m flying from Vancouver to Bahamas tonight! Stay tuned for some blog posts from the Bahamas.